Benefits of membership in the Chatham Artists Guild include:
- connect with other artists for the purpose of sharing knowledge and skills
- have an artist’s page on the CAG website
- participate in the Guild Studio Tour and other exhibits at community venues
Who Can Apply?
The requirements and responsibilities of each Guild member include:
- must be a professional working artist or crafts person 18 years of age or older,
- must have a working studio located within Chatham County,
- must be willing to assume the responsibilities of a Guild member:
- actively participating in Guild activities and committees (serving 24 or more hours annually on committee work),
- making a meaningful contribution to the Guild Purpose and Mission,
- attending Guild member meetings (approximately 2-4 annually),
- serving on the Guild Board for a 3-year rotation, and
- ensuring the integrity and currency of your website information and images.
How Can I Apply?
Open Application period for Membership begins December 1st. The deadline for Membership and Studio Tour Application is February 14th of the following year.
To apply complete the online membership application and pay the $20 application fee online via PayPal or credit card.
Upon acceptance to the Guild, annual membership DUES must be paid ($50 for working members who serve on a committee, $100 for non-working members who do not serve on a committee). Membership is from January to January. At this time members may also choose pay a Studio Tour FEE ($250 for working members who serve on a committee, $400 for non-working members who do not serve on a committee) if they intend to be on the Tour. Tour dates are traditionally the first two weekends in December.
Returning Guild Members will also be charged an annual membership dues ($50 for working members who serve on a committee, $100 for non-working members who do not serve on a committee). And are asked to pay Studio Tour FEES ($250 for working members who serve on a committee, $400 for non-working members who do not serve on a committee) at this time as well. Members can maintain their Active Status and apply as a “Returning Guild Member” either by participation in the annual Studio Tour OR other Guild-sponsored exhibits. After two years of non-participation, members need to be re-juried.
New Member Jury Selection Criteria
Note: applications are made anonymous to the jury to promote fairness.
- Quality: The artist demonstrates technical proficiency in the chosen medium and has a consistent body of work.
- Clarity of vision/artistic direction: The artist’s work demonstrates creativity and vision.
- Presentation: Includes the quality of the digital images submitted. Note: A professional image is evenly lit, and shows the work to its best advantage without background distractions or display props
Steps for Applying
1. Click “Apply Now” below and pay the $20 application fee
2. Complete the application form – the link to this form will be emailed to you after you submit the application fee
3. Wait for the jury committee to approve your membership
4. Once your membership is approved, you’ll receive an email notification with a link to pay your Dues and Fees
5. Upon payment, your artist profile will be published and you can then make any edits/updates that you’d like
We look forward to seeing your work!